Thursday 30 June 2011

Broken Zip

Hands up......who doesn't like replacing zips especially the ones in trousers! I was shown how to do this many many moons ago. It is very simple once you get the hang of it!


Broken zip

Push the zipper tag to the base of the zip


Snip just above the zipper tag......


........remove a few of the zipper teeth



Gently pushing the snipped part of the zipper into the tag and pull as normal


Oversew above the snipped area with very strong thread (button thread is ideal)

Zip is working once again

5 comments:

  1. Bloody hell! I've found this just in time. Yay!!! That's saved me no end of time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, that is brilliant!! I have a pair of fave jodhpurs (got 4 horses) that have been awaiting a new zip for YEARS!! Def going to try this!!

    Going to add you to my reading list too!!

    Thanks,

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great tips and ideas....just found your site through a Frugal site and I love what you have done! Keep up the good ideas and I will be checking in often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, I remembered seeing this when you wrote it and have just had a broken zip in a pair of quilted overalls so sought it out again! It worked like a dream. Thanks for giving such handy hints - saved me about £20 (£60 if he'd had to buy a new pair of overalls). Jx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love reading them and I read every single one!