Thursday 23 June 2011

CAKE!

Depending how deep you would like your cake and what sort or mixer you use. I have both a Kenwood (larger bowl) and a hand mixer (smaller bowl). If using the Kenwood I use three eggs and if using the hand mixer two eggs. My Kenwood dosen't seem to like to mix just a small amount of cake mix. There is nothing to stop to you make cake with three eggs and a hand mixer the choice is yours!


Pre heat the oven at 170 degrees fahrenheit, 325 degrees centigrade, gas 3



Accurately weigh the eggs in their shells, then to the same weight, weigh soften Butter, Sugar and Self Raising Flour



Beat the soften Butter and Sugar till very pale. Add the eggs one at a time and beat into mixture. I NOW add a desert spoonful of water and beat in at this point too as I find electric ovens dry out the mixture.


My mixture always curdles without fail, but I don't worry about it anymore! Sift the Flour, it doesn't matter whether the flour is the cheapest or the dearest I always sieve it! Then fold gently into the mixture.


YES! I cheat I buy the large cake cases. They are meant for large fruit cakes but I find they work well for my cakes! I always weigh the mixture as I am putting the mixture into the prepared tins to make sure I get equal in both tins.


After about 25 to 30 minutes check to see of the cakes are cooked. I can never get it right with my fingers I always use a skewer or a metal knitting needle!


Look closely you will see the cake mix has risen above the tin


When the cakes are cold fill with favourite filling



ENJOY!

4 comments:

  1. I know this recipe works having tried it before when you posted it, but where do I get those fab cases?
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get my cake cakes from Lakeland a bit expensive, but I tell you worth it in the long run! Save all that greasing of tins etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, yummy cake. I need to buy myself some of those cake cases from the pound shop next time I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake looks delish. I am useless at making cakes so will use your tips and let you know how I get on x x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love reading them and I read every single one!